DVM, MSc, BSc.
Robyn holds a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from the Western College of Veterinary Medicine (University of Saskatchewan), a Master of Science from the Department of Community Health and Epidemiology in the College of Medicine (University of Saskatchewan) and a Bachelor of Science in Biology (University of Victoria).
Before joining the team in 2017, Robyn worked as an Epidemiology Contract Worker for Public Health Agency of Canada, and an Epidemiology Research and Teaching Fellow in the Department of Preventive and Social Medicine (University of Otago, Duedin NZ).
She has experience researching social epidemiology, alcohol epidemiology, reproductive and sexual health, and zoonotic diseases. She brings to the team considerable knowledge in epidemiology, public health, data management, and bio statistics.
Recent Peer-Reviewed Works
- MacSwain, M., Arsenault, H., Kydd, R., & Krause, J. (2018). Examining the drivers of high cost healthcare use in PEI. Presented at the Canadian Association for Health Services and Policy Research Conference, Montreal, QC, May 29-31, 2018.
- Connor J.L., Kydd R., Maclennan, B., Shield, K., & Rehm, J. (2016). Alcohol-attributable cancer deaths under 80 years of age in New Zealand. Drug and Alcohol Review. DOI: 10.1111/dar.12443.
- Connor, J.L., Kydd, R.M., & Dickson, N.P. (2015). Alcohol involvement in sexual behaviour and adverse sexual health outcomes from 26 to 38 years of age. PLoS ONE, 10(8), e0135660.
- Connor, J., Kydd, R., Shield, K., & Rehm, J. (2015). The burden of disease and injury attributable to alcohol in New Zealanders under 80 years of age: Marked disparities by ethnicity and sex. NZMJ. 128(1409):15-28.
- Kydd, R. & Connor, J. (2015). Inconsistency in reporting abstention and heavy drinking frequency: Associations with sex and socioeconomic status, and potential impacts. Alcohol and Alcoholism. 50(3):333-345.
- Wilhelm, B., Rajić, A., Waddell, L., Parker, S., Harris, J., Roberts, K., Kydd, R., Greig, J., & Baynton, A. (2009). The prevalence of zoonotic or potentially zoonotic bacteria, antimicrobial resistance and somatic cell counts in organic dairy production: current knowledge and research gaps. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease. 6(5): 525-539.
- Connor, J., Kydd, R., Rehm, J., & Shield, K. (2013). Alcohol-attributable burden of disease and injury in New Zealand: 2004 and 2007. Research report commissioned by the Health Promotion Agency. Wellington: Health Promotion Agency, p.169.
- Kydd, R. (2007). An overview of program evaluation methods and their potential application in food safety and zoonotic public health. Report commissioned by the Policy Advice and Effectiveness Program, Laboratory for Foodborne Zoonoses, Public Health Agency of Canada, 46p.
- Kydd, R., & Wall, P. (2007). Program evaluation of IICUSP (International Interdisciplinary Community-University Student Partnership). Report commissioned by the Community-University Institute for Social Research, 100p.
- Kydd, R., Janzen, B. L., Muhajarine, N., & Behl, L. (2006). Saskatoon Police Service: work, family and health report. Saskatoon Police Service, City of Saskatoon, 42p.