The Centre for Health and Community Research (CHCR), located at the University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI), is a collaborative research centre that specializes in patient-oriented research and health care evaluation in Prince Edward Island and Canada.
Led by Dr. Jürgen Krause, the CHCR team conducts research within a number of areas, including:
- Mental health and addictions.
- eHealth interventions.
- Variation in high-cost health care use.
- Mobile Integrated Health (MIH) evaluation.
- Administrative health data management and linkages.
- Knowledge translation, dissemination, collaboration with health care stakeholders.
Dr. Krause and the CHCR team are the PEI representatives for the Maritime SPOR SUPPORT Unit (MSSU). As part of this collaboration we are dedicated to the MSSU mandate of integrating health research into patient care and contribute to enhancing health systems, conducting engaged health research, and improving health outcomes. The MSSU is administered by the Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research (SPOR), a Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) initiative.